Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Cook Who Can't Eat

Late last year I found a new love. I found a love for cooking and baking. Every Sunday or almost every Sunday I make it a point to cook for the fambam on our Sunday family day. Everyone says what I made is really good but for some reason, some crazy reason, I can't seem to eat whatever I make. I can chow down two or three spoons of whatever I make but that it's. After that I just can't anymore, but I can however, still eat whatever other people make.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or am I just strange like that?

a couple sundays ago I made a cheesy Mexican Casserole for the family lunch.
yummy yummy yummy Tiramisu from my Betty Crocker cookbook.

For all of you guys who are in the mood for some yummy Tiramisu here's a copy of the recipes taken straight out of my Betty Crocker Cookbook:

Prep:35min; Chill:5hrs

Ingredients:
6 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 pund mascarpone cheese or 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups whipping (heavy) cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
1/4 cup cold prepared espresso or very strong coffee
2 tablespoons rum
1 tablespoon baking cocoa

1.) Beat egg yolks and sugar in 2-quart saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Beat in milk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly, reduce heat to low. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
2.) place plastic wrap or waxed paper directly onto egg yolk mixture in saucepan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3.) Mix egg yolk mixture and cheese with wire whisk until smooth. Beat whipping cream and vanilla in chilled medium bowl and electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
4.) Separate ladyfingers horizontally in half. Mix espresso and rum. Drizzle ladyfingers with espresso mixture.
5.) Arrange half of the ladyfingers in single layer in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inches. Spread half of the cheese mixture then half of the whipped cream over ladyfingers. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until set. Refrigerate any remaining dessert.

Happy eating!


P.S. for all you sleepy heads out there, pls click this video and listen to this song with your EYES CLOSED for maybe 10-15 seconds. Then open your eyes, I bet you will be wide eyed with your mouth open too. =) Happy viewing.

35 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Tiramisu sounds SO DELICIOUS right now, probably because I've been on a diet for a few weeks, which makes me crave bad stuff even more, haha! Soon enough. :)

Reflect and Fancy said...

hi
that looks delicious!
would be happy if you visited my blog too...
reflectandfancy.blogspot.com
xxx

b. said...

aw that sucks that you can't enjoy your own food!

thanks for visiting my blog :)

x.

Caro said...

I eat while I'm cooking, so by the time to eat comes I am no longer hungry.

MonsteRawr said...

Oh, Betty Crocker, you've never steered me wrong!

I wish I had your problem! Instead, I tend to eat a little while I'm mixing, eat a little while it's baking, eat a little when it comes out of the oven, and THEN eat a serving (or two!) with everyone else! And this is why I'm not allowed to bake very often!

RicAdeMus said...

You look so cute in the pink apron!!! The food looks so good, it's a shame you can't enjoy much of it. I don't cook often, but when I do I can easily be a piggy with it! =)

Jewels Diva® said...

It's def just you Mel!

I can eat what I make.Maybe you have some sort of weird vibey thing going on with the food...

Who knows?

amberlee said...

Yummmo!! I eat my own cooking but i never enjoy it as much as other peoples food.

Mikaela said...

I really like cooking/baking on Sundays with family too. That triamisu looks yummy!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Your cooking looks delicious, it's a shame you can't enjoy it!

What was in your cheesy Mexican Casserole? I love Mexican food!

How good is that video? So talented!!

x Jasmine

Marie said...

This looks yummy!:D

Happy Monday!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Meri said...

Wow- looks fabulous! Delicious food photos! I have to say I am quite the opposite of you- I tend to prefer to eat more of what I make, its always just how I like it so I guess I want it more than how other people make things!

Kelly said...

This is not a problem I have! I can certainly eat the things I cook. Sometimes I wish I couldn't...

Megan said...

That is so nice you cook every Sunday. I love cooking but I hate the cleaning up part!

Megan said...

Awww, you are so adorable cooking!! That is sad that you can't really enjoy your own food. I don't cook a lot, but when I do, I eat mine up! Haha.

Bonnie said...

I can't cook anything at all so I wouldn't know.
Because I suck.
Lame balls.
I know that Mr. A eats EVERYTHING that he cooks, though. But he's a serious foodie.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

♥ Nadine ♥ said...

Hm, that is really strange!! Maybe it is why you taste too much already during the preparation of the meal... ;-) Or it's just exhaution? Hope that gets better soon!!

Thanks for sharing that recipe!

Here's to a happy week. XO.

Ruthiegyll said...

that cheesy casserole looks so yummy! and i actually have a bag of lady fingers in my pantry just waiting to be made into tiramisu (definitely one of the best desserts ever) :)

Zondra Art said...

Food looks soo great and delicious!
Greetings from Croatia:)

Zondra Art

Nicole Marie said...

i'm the same exact way!! i'm just not hungry after cooking! i taste it but that's it! i should cook more, i'd get so skinny :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so good!!!

S and O said...

Oh that last picture had my mouth watering, the food not the still of the signing guy :D

Xoxo
Sarah

Natalie Marie said...

you look so cute in the kitchen!!!! are you eating as you cook? I do that and by the end I'm not hungry.

NAt

Sarah said...

This looks so yummy! I definitely want to give it a try =)

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

ellinelle said...

..looks so yummy ..

Andee Layne said...

oh my goodness that looks AMAZING!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Looking good, mexican casserole sounds good, how do you make that?

Anonymous said...

It is weird but you are NOT crazy. I feel the same way. I'll spend time making a nice meal but when it comes time to eat, I feel nauseous just looking at it. Maybe it's the stress of wanting everything to turn out o.k. or it could be being around the food and the smells for too long. I wish I knew!

kandyk said...

I have the exact problem! Have found out y this happens

Anonymous said...

I have the same issue. Has anyone figured out why?

Anonymous said...

most breathtaking blog site variations
http://wiki.kithara.gr/index.php?title=%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%AE%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%82:Demetra37
http://facemanage.com/blogs/user/murraysta
http://gymspot.com/oxwall/blogs/user/PhoebeUtle
http://www.kasok.com/link/20532
http://www.netmeet.com/index.php?do=/blog/83231/clear-cut-référencement-naturel-tactics-blank-to-moms-and-dads/

Anonymous said...

I have the same issue, evrrything I make I can't eat but a few bites. I hate it cuz my husband works so I have to be the main cook. I wish there was a reason for this .

Anonymous said...

Hеllo to еvery boԁy, іt's my first pay a quick visit of this blog; this webpage includes awesome and genuinely excellent stuff in favor of visitors.

Feel free to visit my weblog; reputation management

Anonymous said...

Its such as уou leaгn my thoughts! You appear to
grasp a lot approximatеly thіs, such as you wrote the booκ in it or something.
I fеel that you just could do ωith a few percent
to pressure the meѕsаge house
a bit, but other than that, this is eхcellent blog.
Αn eхcellеnt read. I'll certainly be back.

Review my website; lloyd irvin

Anonymous said...

Remarkable things here. I'm very happy too see your article.
Thanks a lot and I'm having a look forward to touch you. Will
you please drop me a mail?

Visit my web-site ... lee trotman southern california edison