Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And the Award Goes To.... Drum Roll Please....

"Life is a fashion show and the world is my runway", I remember hearing that crazy line somewhere. Anyhow, I was awarded the:from my gorgeous, fun, sweet, blog buddy Nikolett from Better Than Coffee. I haven't received an award in ages, and wow, I must say, it is definitely nice to receive one again. Thank you my dear Nikolett for the Stylish Blogger Award. With this award comes a few rules, I am to mention 7 random things about myself and pass this on to 7 other bloggers. So here goes my list:

1.) Believe it or not, I can drink roughly around 30-40 glasses of water a day. Why? Well I'm just always soooo thirsty.

2.) I am rebuilding my relationship with God. A few years ago I lost faith in HIM because of family problems and just a lot of other stuff. Last year I felt so lost. I was angry with HIM and blamed Him for everything that happened in my life, but now I am thankful for such events, if it weren't for these events I don't think I would ever be as strong as I am today. I realized that life is beautiful and despite big problems, I need not be afraid because I have an even bigger God.

3.) For my new followers, I got bit by a dog a long time ago. I was on a date with the boyfie, then we went to his place for lunch with his parents and voila... I got bit by his huge dog. I have a battle scar on my leg as a reminder of that event. You can read about that post here.

4.) I'm sure you guys have lost your patience or almost lost your patience because someone was just so annoying. Right? Were you guys so annoyed that you were giving the other person "the tone", raised eyebrows, or were even sarcastic? I have found a way to overcome this. I think of this person as my mother. I picture mother asking someone something but she doesn't understand so she asks again followed by more annoying questions. Then I think of how I would like this person to treat my mother. So voila...instant change of heart. Patience is restored.

5.) During my childhood years I have always wanted to become a mermaid. I have always loved the beach and the sand, the sun, and the ocean breeze, but funny thing is I am already in my mid twenties and still don't know how to swim.

6.) I have a major fear of public speaking. It's weird coz I don't mind talking to a group of 30 people, but put me up on the stage with a mic and have me talk to that same 30 people and I have a panic attack, can't breath, break out into a sweat, and my heart beating faster and slower all at the same time. I really admire people who can go up there and just seem to be a natural at public speaking.

7.) Style tip: SMILE! A smile is something that everyone understands, young and old alike, despite race and gender, a smile is a smile. A smile is something that never goes out of style ( oh but make sure you are smiling at the appropriate time, wouldn't want you guys smiling when your friend is crying about her dead cat or dog. )


some random photos of me:

And now I'd like to pass this award to the following super stylish people:
  1. Myra from Life is Bananas. Steph from Stefbunny of twitter, Carrie from This Free Bird, Life of Charmings, Lyn from Hearted Girl, Ashley from Bird on a Wire, Kristen from My Art and the Mom in Me, Brittany from Swirls of Happy.

31 comments:

abby | ybba said...

whoa! believe it or not, i've never seen a hersheys tub of ice cream O_O funny huh? anyway, congrats on the award! :]

30-40 glasses of water? i go with 1-2 O_o crazyy!!

-abby

Sandy a la Mode said...

uumm whoa!! that's a lot of water! i struggle to even drink like 8 glasses a day!!

jillian m. said...

Damn girl, that's a lot of water!

And I have a fear of public speaking too. Only you're much better than me because I wouldn't be able to speak in front of 20 people, let alone 30!

brittany said...

woohoo! thanks girly! you are so sweet to think of me! i am honored :) xoxo

dolce la robyn said...

polydipsia!!!!!!

mel..... ??!!!

Carina the Blogarina said...

You are so pretty Mel!! Good for you with the water, maybe that's why your skin is so nice!

Mimi said...

congrats on the award! and i wanted to be a mermaid too! haha, i used to pretend i'm a mermaid whenever we went swimming. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Nikolett said...

You showered me with too many compliments lady! Glad you liked the award :D I think we should bring them back, they need to be shared more often haha. And DANG you drink a lot of water! Does it make you pee a lot? (Is that too personal of a question? lol). And I'm going to remember this 'pretend it's your mother' technique, might help me keep my temper in check for sure. Hope you're having a great mid-week lady :)

OmegaRadium said...

Wow, I thought I drank a lot of water! You definitely have me beat. I always enjoy seeing pictures of you, you always look so happy and cheerful and I admire that.

Funny thing about your number 2, I think I may be approaching that stage as well.

MonsteRawr said...

1) I wish I could be more like you. I can go a whole day without drinking anything, which, while convenient, leads to a lot of UTIs. Blech.

5) I, too, wanted to be a mermaid as a kid. I used to stuff both my legs in one leg of my tights and hop around the house playing mermaid.

Chelsea said...

your bloggie is so cute! congrats on the little award. and GIRL public speaking makes me nervous just thinking about it. i always had to go FIRST in school hehe

Liza said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my post at I LIVE FOR IT. I am now blogging at fashion over groceries. Come check it out! Following you!

XO, Liza

Ashley said...

I like all of those facts about you. I'm the exact same way with water. I need a lot every single day. Also, I think your tip in #4 is great; I'll definitely be trying that with difficult people in the future. I wanted to be a mermaid when I was younger too. When my friends and I would go swimming we'd call dibs on who got to be Ariel:)

Anyways...Thank you so much for the award. I really appreciate it. xx

☆ ayu☆ said...

it's been awhile since ive visited..still remember me? :D

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

Thanks for your comment, you have such a cute blog!!! Wow..that is a lot of water! I am scared of public speaking too, I go bright red and shake uncontrollably! That's so sweet that you wanted to be a mermaid :)

Mrs.Zeus said...

Thats just a lot of water my dear!
Are trying to flush out everything in your system?

CONGRATS on the award and I am so proud of you for rebuilding your relationship with him, I'll keep you in my prayers.

MKL said...

Awesome pics, Mel! How to award you for that? :P

Caitlin C. said...

I love your ice cream pic :)

Ocean Dreams said...

Thanks so much for coming to my blog! Wonderful style tip to smile - best tip ever!

I used to want to be a mermaid too - it would be fun wouldn't it?

I'm having a giveaway right now if you want to stop by! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that photo of all the jewelry! That's a lot of water! If I didn't know better I'd ask you if you were diabetic!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that photo of all the jewelry! That's a lot of water! If I didn't know better I'd ask you if you were diabetic!

Niko Bulaun said...

and these are a lot of comments haha

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

huzzah lades!!!! congrats on this award, most deserved. but, wow oh wow, can you ever intake a lot of aqua. my eyes would be spurting out the overflow ; )

this could be relevant to your mermaid wishes too, baha! loved your shares and stories. cheers, i'm smiling right now! ♥

Jessica said...

Hi Mel! I don't know if you still remember me, but hey I'm back! :)

O M G, I used to want to be a mermaid too when I was little! *high five*

My god, 30-40 glasses a day? I can't even meet the required 8 glasses, and yet you, you drink 30-40 glasses? That explains the gorgeous skin! :)

Richard said...

I live very close to Hershey, and the factory in Penn. They do make good ice cream. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Hehe I love the first photo of you - too cute :) Hope you've been well!

Melanie said...

#5 is ME!! I always wanted to be a mermaid.. but even now, at 23, I can't swim! I can swim enough to not drown.. but that's as good as I get. Haha who knew there was someone else like that:)

xx, Melanie

Melissa Blake said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! xoxo

CINDY NGO said...

30-40 glasses of water/day!?

& i thought my hubby drank a lot of water! if my body's lucky, i drink about 2 at most. eeeeks. super bad, i know. lol

glad to hear that you like my addiction/collection! hehe :)

xx,
cins

Micaela said...

you are so cute!!! i had to smile at #4 because that is what i ALWAYS do!!! especially working in retail... when i have a customer that asks about discounts etc., i just have to remind myself of my momma and instantly i'm transformed. ahhh i love that you do it too!!!! and are sharing that advice because it ALWAYS WORKS.

#2... AMEN for that!!! <3

love your jewelry collection and the ice cream photo :)

xo

Amanda said...

Congrats on the award!