Monday, June 6, 2011

Surprise Surpise!

The best surprises are those given for no reason at all, those given when you least expect it. Ever since I had gotten my Blackberry about 2 months ago I had been on a mission to save up a little so I could get one for the boyfie.

Last Friday, I finally put action to my plans. I finally bought the boyfie a Blackberry. So now, the next step was how do I give it to him? I wanted to make it extra special. A few days before I had bought the boyfie a Blackberry I had asked a friend of mine to run down to the store to buy a cellphone case for me, specifically for the phone model I planned on buying my special someone.

Saturday came and boy was the boyfie in for a big surprise. As he was busy on the computer I slyly took his old cellphone and removed the sim. I tried to put the sim card into the new Blackberry phone but is was really hard. I placed the sim card inside the box that the Blackberry came in. I then ran over to the boyfie and told him I had a surprise for him. He asked me what it was and I showed him this:

What is it? It's a cellphone holder. He tried to put it into his old cellphone but it just wouldn't fit. I told him he had better find a way to make it fit because I wanna see him using it every single day. Boyfie broke out in a sweat just at the sound of my pitchy voice. Lol. It was funny.

So anyhow, I asked boyfie if I could borrow his phone because I needed to make a quick phone call to my mom. So he handed it over to me and I played drama princess. I put on a confused look on my face and told him something was wrong with his cellphone. He fumbled with it and realized that the sim wasn't there. He was complaining about how strange it was that he couldn't find his sim when he has never removed it from his cellphone. I helped him search for his sim card for a good 5 minutes or so.

I then announced, "FOUND IT!" and handed him my little surprise. He looked at me wide eyed. I handed him my little surprise and he got all teary eyed.

Sometimes giving is better than receiving!

P.S. if anyone is wondering, that is my hand holding my surprise for the boyfie. Isn't that shade of red nailpolish just the cutest? Well I'm saying goodbye to that little red cuteness, I was just reminded at work that we aren't allowed to have colored nails. Pooey!

22 comments:

Nikolett said...

Awwh that's such a sweet surprise! And I love the way you went about it, really made it all the more special :D And now you two can BBM all the time haha. And I love the red nails, it's a shame that you can't have coloured nails at work, though! Hope you have a great rest of the week, Mel :DDD

dolce la robyn said...

my workplace too!!!!! they dont allow us to paint our nails in any colour - but i always come with pastel coloured nails. lol. im the rebellious surgeon grrrrrr. missed you mel. now you can BBM your boyfie all the time!!!!!! ehehehehehhe.

MonsteRawr said...

There are few things I love more than giving a person a gift that you know is super awesome and they have no idea is coming. A couple years ago I gave my husband an SLR for his birthday, and he damn-near shat himself.

Also, what kind of nail polish-hating Nazis do you work for? That's ridic. The fact that I shower puts me a step above many of my co-workers, they couldn't give two shits what color my nails are. (Unless they're pink, in which case my co-workers will make fun of me mercilessly. Can you tell I work with all dudes?)

Jimesha said...

This was awesome! I love giving gifts as well, the look on the person's face is always heart warming

RicAdeMus said...

Awww, you're a sweetie Mel. BF is very lucky. I'm surpirsed about the polish rule...I'd think they would want you to wear it.

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

What an adorable surprise!! And I love those red nails! Too bad that your work doesn't! :(

amy b.s. said...

what an awesome surprise!

Jewels Diva® said...

You two are so perfect for each other it's sickening,lol.

Jenna Lee said...

What a wonderful surprise!

thank you for your sweet blog visit. Yours is so cute!

Dilan Dilir said...

so cute blog!

Vanilla - notes from my closet said...

This is such a cute thing to do! :) and I love the way you went about it hee hee SO funny :) thank you for stopping by my blog :)

Love, Vanilla

http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

You are one sweet girlfriend and he is one lucky guy!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

mar said...

why won't they allow nailpolish at work??

Stephanie said...

that was so sweet of you!!

Megan and Justin said...

CUTE blog! following now :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm glad your boyfriend liked it!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

That is so cute! Love how you went about this surprise!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

What a fantastic present!

x Jasmine

t said...

Nice surprise!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

jamie-lee said...

awww that is soo cute! :)

Holly said...

aww he is a lucky guy!

Mrs.Zeus said...

Awwww you are such a sweetheart!