Friday, March 30, 2012

Beachscapade, My Island Getaway!

There's nothing like the cool beach breeze, walking barefoot on the sand, and listening to the gush of the rushing waves that really soothes my soul. The trip to the beach was not our usual 30 minute drive. This time, we had a long 2 hours drive to the beach. We rode a barge to get to the other side of an island and from there we drove up and around scary cliffs. We finally got to the place we were headed to and I was really amazed by the view. We stayed for a few hours at this one beach house which reminded me so much of the houses in Santorini, Greece. Sadly, I failed to take a picture of the beach house because I was too excited to hit the beach.


That is a picture of me and my cousin Mikey under the sign the says "Ayahay" which means RELAX. The place was most definitely relaxing.





Time to EAT!
Shrimps! My favorite seafood! Yummmo!
Poor piggy. Roast pig. I know it looks yucky, but I swear it was really really good. When it comes to food I'm always willing to give everything a try. =)

We were so excited to go to the beach that we forgot to pack utensils! We had to dine like a cave man and use our hands.


Cupcakes for dessert! Nom Nom Nom

Sitting on these plastic chairs and facing such a pretty view is just pure heaven.




Wondering why there's no one else on this amazing beach? It is a private beach resort which my cousin bought late last year for his wife who's always dreamed of Santorini. What a lovely surprise!


There's this floating raft that was located in the middle of the beach. We wanted to get on that raft but the probably was none of us knew how to swim. hahahaha


The beach was very rocky and I ended up going home with a bloody toe. Before I could get to the water I stepped on rocks and lots of rocks. It wasn't till I was in a bit deep that my toe could finally step on sand. But that's alright, I had a blast and the bloody toe was definitely worth it.
I definitely need to think about getting a pair of aqua shoes next time I come down to this place.




After hours at the beach, it was finally time to go home and call it a day. Mom prepared more yumminess for us.
A picture of my cousin Chloe, Mikey, Me, Wonna, and my cousin Jaycee.


Have a great weekend everyone!

31 comments:

Marley said...

I love your beach photos! I wish my beach looked like that!

Jen said...

Love these photos! Look so relaxing and peaceful!

Ricademus said...

Such a wonderful location! It's fun once in a while to eat like cavemen. My kids don't agree, but they'll change their minds. =)

Mimi said...

wow, that's a pretty long car ride, but i'm sure it was worth it. the ocean is gorgeous and the food looks delicious! plus, road trips are fun, right?! ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

Soha♥ said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog dear, lovely pictures. I am following you now. XOXO♥

Melissa Blake said...

I'm so jealous!! Everything looks, indeed, relaxing!!

Nikolett said...

Oh my gosh, what a perfect trip! Those pictures are worthy of a postcard. Glad you had some fun in the sun ... and I love that "RELAX" sign, I'd love to have that in my house :) Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

.sparkle* said...

What an amazing beach <3 love the photos!

xo,


.sparkle*

Little Miss Tiara said...

:O look at the blueness!!! Oh myyy! I'm in love with the water! And although it looks rocky (lol, it surely is) it's still so pretty! *sobs* I would love to have such hubby too, lol, buy me a private island?? I'll go crazy! hahahahaha... :D

Teresaurus said...

Couldn't help but smile quite a bit.

Lady Jewels Diva® said...

I love the look of Santorini and would love to go. I love the look of calm peaceful beaches as well and this looks like a great place for a picnic. As for eating with your hands, that's what picnics are all about.

angie said...

Wow, it looks like paradise!

Aimee Victoria Long said...

Omgosh, such a cool post, thank you for sharing it. Great pictures!I love your bio and people can think the same of me.

I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog and really love it, would you like to follow each other?
Also, if you have facebook, I would be so grateful if you liked my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll

All the best,
Aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Nikki @ The Ginger Diaries said...

so wait, do you live in Hawai? and does your cousin has a private beach? this is way to cool to be true! And those cupcakes are too cute :) Love theones with the bike and tha car, haha. x

L said...

Amazing photos. That looks like paradise... jealous!

Heather said...

Such beautiful pictures! I wish I lived there!!!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

oh my gosh, that's definitely breathtaking! the water's soooo clear. looks like you guys had so much fun. a beautiful scenery with the family and yummy looking food! that's the perfect way to spend a relaxing day.

Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join! :D
10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Gorgeous photos! Jealous! :)

jillian m. said...

Wow wow wow! That water looks perfect. Wish I could just jump into your photos.

Aimee Victoria Long said...

Following you back my dear!
Aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Hannah said...

It looks so beautiful there!

xo, H
http://le-fab-femme.blogspot.com

Sara Mueller said...

What a wonderful time!

Noressa Henness said...

So beautiful this island, a little paradise. i envy you ;D
I really love your blog and articles, very interesting
I'm following you now
hope you'll follow me back

Kiss
nores
http://hennesalittlebirdtoldme.blogspot.com

rinniez said...

how fun! i wish i was at the beach.
i'm now following you on instagram too :) xx

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

i am so jealous right now! :(

ANGELA said...

So beautiful photos...The sea looks wonderful!I'm sure that you had some amazing time there:):)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The water looks amazing there!! I've had one of those roasted pigs and the meat is soo good!

Mary said...

It sounds like you had a really great weekend. The photos of your time on the island are wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cristina @FUJI FILES said...

I feel like a beach getaway now!

xo Cristina

Pich and Roor said...

What a gorgeous beach!! I'm at my work desk like .. why am I here?! I should be on that beach!! You are so adorable & those cupcakes are too cute :)

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Other possible in the end that will could be purchased around us all the way through going to be the collection agencies time include,but take heart are not limited for more information regarding infections and swelling. Infections occur when bacteria and off road break into going to be the is uncomfortable to do with going to be the patient. This can be the case dangerous because the various bacteria can discourage healing but will for that matter eat going to be the solar cells It is always an absolute must have for additional details on consider going to be the recommendations relating to going to be the plastic surgeon and take going to be the all the way up medicines leaving going to be the correct dosage to counteract any infections both to and from occurring. Swelling is not as down and dirty an all in one matter as an infection but take heart a resource box can be the case uncomfortable and about whether or not to the left untreated can ohio turn into an infection.