Friday, March 23, 2012

Good Karma

Ever heard of that famous saying "what comes around goes around?" I have heard that saying and have even said that myself one too many times. I like to believe that people will eventually get what they deserve.

Anyhow, a few weeks ago, I was in the restroom and found a really, really nice cellphone. It was a Samsung touchscreen and it looked pretty expensive. I checked the stalls but there was no one else in the restroom but me. I told my friends about the cellphone I found and some of them told me to be practical and keep it as a spare in case my phone breaks in the near future. I know better...

I went to the information booth and left the cellphone there. I filed a lost and found report and made sure to leave my number in case the owner of the cellphone had gotten it back, I wanted to make sure that someone would let me know.

I felt like this was just not enough. Thank goodness for social media like twitter and facebook. I tweeted about this cellphone in hopes that someone who lost their cellphone at the same place I was in would finally be reunited with their phone. 30 minutes after tweeting about it on twitter and posting it on my facebook wall, someone texted me saying thank you because they had gotten their phone back.

Yesterday, my brother dropped his wallet at some parking lot. He called the nearby police station hoping that someone might have dropped it off there. Just his luck, someone did run across his wallet and left it at the police station. When my brother went to pick it up, not a single cent was missing. I guess my bro got my good karma. Yey!

Anyone else experience any good karma lately? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

19 comments:

ILoveChocolateee! said...

I found a new cellphone in the washroom stall in university too. It was weird b/c the sim card was taken out. We left it with the people at the desk since we were at the computer lab. Afterwards, we realized we should have prob left it somewhere else or tried to see if there was any information stored on the phone. Hopefully whoever left it there got it back.

Francesca Felix said...

totally believe in karme.. yay for your bro!

Carrie said...

I don't think this is quite a karma story, but this post reminds me of something that happened to my husband and I when we were still dating, and in college... There had been a string of break-ins in one of the main parking lots on our campus. Someone broke into my car and ripped out my stereo system (it was cheap, not really sure why they bothered). We reported it. Twenty minutes later we noticed that my husband's car had been tampered with too. All of the change he kept in the console had been bagged up, but left in the passenger seat, and on his center console was an iPod that didn't belong to him. Apparently the car thief was scared away quickly and forgot some of his stolen goods. He turned the iPod in to campus lost and found, of course, but we've always laughed about our reverse luck...me losing things and him getting accidental gifts.

Ricademus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ricademus said...

Isn't that just like a brother to borrow your karma without asking!!! =)

You're a sweetheart Mel!

Mary said...

What a lovely example of what goes around comes around. I'm delighted for you brother and the owner of the phone. I think you are a delight.Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Inés said...

Amazing story, Mel...
Have the best weekend!

Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Lady Jewels Diva® said...

I'm trying to be better this year but then what would I bitch about,lol!

Bring Pretty Back said...

What a great story! That was very good of you to return it. I believe in karma for sure!
Lucky brother you have too!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Maxabella said...

I think it is really important to do the right thing by others. The 'big three':

Don't take what isn't yours
Don't judge what you don't understand
Don't criticise when kindness will do.

x

Polly Bland said...

What a great story! How nice of you to return it :) Good karma for sure :)

I got coco mango incense and summer rain and something lavender... not quite sure :) I'm really picky with my incense :)

love, polly

Melissa Blake said...

Gotta love good karma, especially when it comes your way!

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally agree with you about karma and I am so glad that everything worked out with the phone and your brothers wallet. How lovely. Have a great day, sweetie.

Heather said...

I love this! What goes around certainly comes around... I always try to remember that (even when I'm crabby) - good for you!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

I believe in karma. The good that you put out there will sooner or later come back to you.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Val said...

Such a wonderful post.....

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That's awesome! I totally believe in karma :)

Olga said...

Love this! I totally believe in karma! I would never keep the phone no matter how nice, because I wouldn't want that done to me.

Belle said...

How fun! The beach looks amazing and yay for good karma!:)

Love, Belle