Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Coffee, Food, and Love

Boy oh boy am I feeling so energized right now. Sorry for the two weeks or so that I was away from blogging. It seems like life has gotten busier and busier these days. Last week was an amazing week. When people say long weekend, they normally refer to 3 day weekends, but man last week for me was definitely one super loooooooooooooooooong weekend. How long? Make that a 5 day weekend! No work from Thursday last week up to Monday of this week.
Most people I know went out of town for the long weekend. Almost everyone went on a little vacay. How did I spend my 5 days off from work? I basically tried to get in touch with the person I was, years before I was so stressed out. I slept in, laughed a little more, ate a little more, sang a little louder, played with my hair and make up and spent loads of time with the people I love. It might not be anything spectacular but these simple things definitely put a smile not just on my face but these simple things really made me heart smile.

Chit chat and smiles over coffee with my brother's future wifey and my fave cousin Mikey.
Future mister tagged along.

the future mister, my brother's future wifey, and my all time favorite cousin Mikey.
Choco chip caramel cake from Starbucks. This is soooooooo good that I just had to order a second slice.

My favorite milk tea drink. Milk tea tastes even better when shared with my loveys, cousin Mikey and cousin Chloe.

Date Night
Getting ready for my date night with my lovey. I ran into a guy I work with, but he works in a different office, he said I looked fat. =(
double dose of chocolate mudslide with a mixture of Bailey's and Kahlua.
mudslide shots and Death by Chocolates flaming martini. Sorry, I failed to snap a photo of the Death by Chocolates martini while it was still on flame. tsk tsk.

Food:
Homemade cheesy pizza! Need I say more?
Banana Nutella Crepe with chocolate sundae
chimichangga
Vanilla Macarons

burp burp burp.

Oh and for those of you who are on instagram, please let me know. Instagram is now available for android users and I just got it 2 days ago. Find me on instagram: chinkygirlmel

Have a very yummy week everyone!

26 comments:

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera"

CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

Greetings from Italy

Marlow

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

Thank you for visit the "photosphera" and chose the blog, very happy to reciprocate with your lovely space. A hug

my photo picasa album

click Picasa

Sara Bell said...

Oh my word, look at all this deliciousness! I haven't had breakfast yet so this is killing me.
That milk tea is completely new to me. I wonder if I can find something similar at my Starbucks!

Holly said...

he said you looked fat? that guy is a loser! not true at all.

and i had no idea starbucks had CAKE!

Be Inspired said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You don't look fat at all! More like, Beautiful!

Lady Jewels Diva® said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!! SEND ME ALL OF THAT FOOD!!!!!!!

Mimi said...

ohmygosh, i seriously want to reach in and get all that food. i'm so hungry, haha! ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

Prixie said...

That guy is crazy for calling you fat!

It looks like you had a great long weekend, good stuff.

Isn't it amazing how your life changes, how you change when you start to work?! Sometimes you barely recognise yourself.

Jessi said...

Looks like a great 5 days off! I just got on instagram too! Yeah for it finally coming to Android ( I think that was probably a condition of facebook buying it!)

The Millers said...

You are adorable!! Looks like life is great. I'm completely addicted to instagram. It's the best. Xo

Cami said...

You are so cute!
All of your food photos are making me hungry though :(
I'm on Instagram - cbilly
<3

Inés said...

Perfect post, dear! I love those pictures.
You made me hungry!

Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Katie Martin said...

love the photos! so much good food ! <3

Taylor Morgan said...

That Choco chip caramel cake looks sooo good!

MACY said...

all those shots of sweets made me crave! =)

Viviana said...

Thanks for stopping by Fashion Truffles! I'm now following :)
fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Ali Rodriguez said...

Aw this looks like so much fun! Glad you got to enjoy your looooong weekend :)

Eloquent English said...

A 5 day weekend sounds fabulous! Sounds like a fabulous long weekend!!! xoxo A-

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Amazing food photos! Making my mouth water! Loving the double dose of chocolate mudslide with a mixture of Bailey's and Kahlua!!

Carrie said...

oh my gosh! so many yummy food. that choco chip caramel cake looks super duper yummy!!!

Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join! :D
10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

littlemissandrea said...

I love taking time off to just sit around and truly enjoy no structure to my day at all. Looks like you did enjoy though - the food looks amazing!

GlamorousGirl said...

cute!!!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Ivana said...

This sounds like a perfect way to spend a long weekend. I'm glad you had so much fun :) And I love all those food photos, they are mouthwatering!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You are FAR from being fat!!! You look great! I wanna hear more about the wedding!

Vivi K said...

Oh my, way too much good food in one post!! :)
Also, you have very pretty hair!

http://vivikstyle.blogspot.com

Fashion Lookbook said...

You are NOT fat. You look fabulous.