Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hello and Goodbye!


Hello 2013 and goodbye 2012! Happy New Year to all of you and your family and friends! Wishing all of you a lovely and happy 2013. Looking forward another year of journey with all of you!

Flashback 2012:
2012 has been full of surprises and life changing moments for me. Sure there have been a couple downs but all in all 2012 has been full of good stuff.
I had gotten engaged in February of 2012 with my boyfriend of 7 years! Still haven't gotten started on planning the wedding though.


Went to my very first sleepover with my bestest friends from High School. It was an awesome get together with our long time friend who we haven't seen in years!

Went to my second sleep over with my high school friend who had just gotten back from Australia.
Meeting Jose Cuervo for the very first time.
Jose Cuerva was not very kind to me, but then again, my facial expression pretty much sums it up.
I finally braved up and bid farewell to my job of 5 years. It was pretty scary at first but the minute I handed it my resignation I felt free, I felt alive. I found a job that allows me to work at my own time and pace. I got an online job which is just perfect for me because I am always on the go and this job allows me to work at my own time. My boss is such a sweetheart, she is amazing and so easy to get along with. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Went on my very first dinner cruise with my sister and law and my cousin Mikey.


Happy Lemon Milk Tea opened a branch in my area. Weekend visits to Happy Lemon to complete my cheat day.

My brother's wedding in October of 2012.
So there you have it folks, my 2012 in pictures.
sorry for the poor photo, this was taken from my instagram. Anyhow, I've started jotting down birthdates in my Starbucks planner and a few goals for 2013. In time my planner will be filled with reminders and meetings as I slowly start planning for my 2013 wedding.
Every morning for this year I will try my best to continue on with starting the day by making a list of things that I am grateful for. Starting the day with a thankful heart always has me ending the day with more things to be thankful for.

Cheers!

22 comments:

fashion-meets-art said...

perfect pictures. the ring is so pretty.
lovely greets and a happy new year!
maren anita

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

Pich and Roor said...

That picture of you taking the shot is too cute!

Nashe^ said...

What a fabulous year 2012 has been for you. And the .gif of you taking Jose Cuervo was hilarious!

Chloe Moon said...

Looks like you've experienced a lot in 2012!! Congrats on the engagement!! =) Best wishes for 2013!! =)

Ergo - Blog

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Can't wait to see what 2013 brings for you!

Lady Jewels Diva® said...

Ah 2013 came too soon!

I also started a new diary but more of the daily "what to blog today, any appointments, going anywhere" diary, not the "I am grateful today" diary.

I did that for years after watching The Secret but nothing came of it, and after a few years I had nothing to be grateful for.

I am trying to find some place in this universe and get things straight in my head and my life but I seem so far from it it's ridiculous.

Ricademus said...

I'm reminded that there are two sides to every coin--you getting engaged was certainly bad news for the men too shy to tell you they had crushes on you.

Jose is a jerk!!! :)

Happy 2013, Melisa!

Allison said...

You are so gorgeous! Congrats x1000 on your engagement - and at least you know now not to do Cuervo shots on your wedding day ;)
Happy 2013, darling! xox

helen said...

happpppy new year! congrats on the engagement!!! :) looks like an amazing 2012...2013 will be just as, if not, grander!

Chelsa said...

Hey there! Look like you had a lovely year. Congrats on getting engaged. My fiancé and I were together 8 years when we got engaged and it took us a whole year to choose a date. Don't feel bad that you haven't started planning. It's so difficult to please everyone so just do what makes you happy.

Ashley said...

so awesome on the engagement last year! looks like you had a great year!

pretty little things said...

thnx so much for your lovely comment. love your blog. so interesting.
xo sabbi

Benlovesting said...

Lovely blog! x

Ice Pandora said...

2012 treated your right it
seems c: congratulations
with the engagement! The
ring is beautiful c:
The cuerva drink looks like
tequila :P I would try one
shot tho!

xx

Ashley said...

Congratulations on your engagement!!! That is so exciting! I see that you haven't started planning, but do you have a date picked out?

Katie Hubly said...

Looks like a good year =) Can't wait to hear updates about the planning for your wedding!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sexrolikov.net.ua/tags/%F3%EC%ED%E8%F6%E0/]умница[/url] Смотри и дрочи : [url=http://sexrolikov.net.ua/tags/mobstar/]mobstar[/url] , это все Вы можете смотреть онлайн

Jerine said...

Congratulations on your engagement!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

You had a great 2012!! I hope 2013 is just a great or even better!!! LOVE your ring! xx

Michelle said...

I've been with my fiance for 8 years, and we still haven't started our wedding plans. haha. Just take your time...there's no rush into love. :)

Katie said...

Hahaha! I love the Jose GIF. Hilarious!

emily said...

I love your 2012 roundup. Your facial expression while doing the tequila shot is priceless. haha If you do end up making the beet cupcakes let me know how they turn out. I am always interesting in what people think of my recipes and how they work for them.

-Emily