Thursday, March 14, 2013

Magic Hands

No, no, no, this post is not about some magician. It's not about someone pulling a rabbit out of a hat or putting on a disappearing act. I've met Mr. Magic Hands! Yes, magic hands! Why would I refer to him has Mr. Magic Hands? Well, it's because he can turn anything simple to just fab, gorgeous and simply magical. Who exactly is Mr. Magic Hands? His name is Erwin Tan. He is a local fashion designer who's designs are just so swoon worthy. For the longest time I have been wanting to have a gown, cocktail dress made by him. And well, I'm so happy to finally be working with him for my wedding gown. I can't wait to see his design come to life. I have already informed him about the theme for my wedding and well, so far I am loving the design that he has sketched up for me.

These are just but a few of his swoon worthy creations:
Super love the bead work and the jewels.

And here is another one
Of course, I just couldn't resist trying on the pink gown. Oh and the wedding gown next to me is one of Erwin's creations as well. The bead work and all the intricate details just leaves me in awe. Oh and yes, he also designs suits!
This is a close up of the details in the pink gown I tried on. I grabbed this photo from Erwin's facebook page.
This is his second creation that was approved by Vogue Italia!
I also grabbed this photo from Erwin's facebook page. This piece was approved by Vogue Italia!
This is the front view of the gown

This gown is sooooo girly and soft! I likeeee
And more swoon worthy gowns:
I really love this well as well. It reminds me of flirty rose petals. This photo is once again from Erwin's facebook page

Photo credits: Erwin Tan's facebook page. The beadwork and the design of the dress is so chic and unique and not to mention a lot of hardwork. All of Erwin's creations are hand sewn!
photo credits: Erwin Tan's facebook page. I love the neck details but I don't know if I'd be gutsy enough to wear this little red hot number.
photo credits: Erwin Tan's Facebook page. I've beencrushing over this gown. It falls softly to the ground and is just so soft and pretty. And I love the pomelo pink shade and of course swooning over the neck piece.
Photo credits: Erwin Tan's Facebook page. This is such a girly, edgy piece. I am loving the top and that pop of hot pink.
Photo credits: Erwin Tan's Facebook Page. This is his Victorian inspired wedding gown. Looks like something a queen would wear!
Love the lace and all the swirls. It is so sweet and romantic.


So now, after drooling over these gorgeous creations, I want you all to meet the very talented designer, Mr. Erwin Tan:



Oh and FYI, the pieces behind me are part of his ready to wear collection. Aside from being an amazing designer, he is also a very wonderful, down to earth person. He is a ray of sunshine and positivity.

Oh and I know this is completely off topic but I will be off to Hong Kong soon. Anyone out there who can give me a list of great tourist spots (temples, gardens) and really yummy restaurants to check out??? Help!

So I guess this will be all for now. Have a happy day everyone!

25 comments:

Ali of Dressing Ken said...

Ah his dresses are beautiful, truly gorge!! I LOVE the one with the black bow. Can't wait to see the dress he creates for you!

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Ricademus said...

That's very exciting Mel. He does great work and you'll be a wonderful model!!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

wow what gorgeous dresses he designs. i love that pink one on you the most!!

Pich and Roor said...

Your sweet comments always bring a smile to my face :) OMG all these dresses are stunning!! I especially love that pink gown & can't wait to see your wedding gown <3

Lisa said...

omgosh these creations are AMAZING!!! i especially love the rock cut glass crystal and the fuchsia pink bottom dress that one is amazing!!

congrats on your engagement hon :)! such an exciting time :p!

Dale JaneƩ said...

Wow!! What gorgeous pieces and I love all the detail and beading work. Great blog, and have a great time in Hong Kong. I went to Shanghai last year and loved it. Following you now

xoDale
www.savvyspice.com

Peet said...

Wow, he really is skilled!!! And you looked beautiful in that pink gown, sweetie.;)

Mira said...

Omg!!! The dresses look super stunning. I love them all <3

xx

Lady Jewels Diva® said...

All gorgeous Mel!

Katie said...

that pink dress is so beautiful!!

Christina Monique said...

What beautiful dresses! what a fun day being able to try on these dresses. I love them!

tinafiglove.blogspot.com

Monika Ozdoba said...

Hello, Hun!
So lovely! ♥ Why don't we follow each other? :)

Hugs,
Monika

Simona lakenmoon said...

How gorgeous are all those dresses!
Simona
www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

christina said...

those are so pretty! you look great in the pink one :)

Victoria said...

Hello Mr. Erwin Tan, aka Mr. Magic Hands! Wow! His bead work and design is so intricate and beautifully made. I loved that dress on Vogue Italia. Gorgeous!

Victoria

Angela said...

Wow!! I loveeee that pink dress! Can't believe he's working on your wedding dress. That's amazing!

viewrama said...

OMG,this is so amazing,I love the post!
Your blog is great hun,If you like take a look on my blog,would you like to follow each other?
Wish you a nice week! <3
xoxo
VIEWRAMA

my
fashion blog

Am2Pm Chic said...

Gorgeous dresses !!!
xoxo
Christy

http://www.am2pmchic.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing gowns ~ wow!

xoxox,
CC

Thi Lan said...

nice dress *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

xx
beauthi.blogspot.com

little t said...

Wow- stunning!

trishie said...

All the gowns are beautiful, how exciting he's making your wedding gown!

lovealways said...

wow..dresses are all great..can we exhange link? thanks

Allison said...

How amazing that you got to meet such a talented and promising designer! You look beautiful and I am dying over how gorgeous all of these garments are!

Diva In Me said...

Congratulations on your coming up wedding! I'm sure it's exciting and memorable to go through such meaningful event in life. Wishing you the best in your dream gown =)
Thank you for dropping by my blog. Hope to see you again real soon =)